If you’re anything like me, you’re done with all the “New Year, New Me” talk. It shouldn’t be a “new” you. Instead, it would be building yourself even higher. Don’t get me wrong, New Years can be a great incentive to start better habits. The key is to make sure you keep at the habits and don’t just stop after a month. Today I want to share with you some tips and tricks on how to set bigger goals for yourself and how to keep them in the long run.
Lets get to it !
- Ask yourself what you want to be doing in 5 years. If you think about it 5 years is not too long from now. However, what you’re doing right now will directly affect whether or not you make it to your 5 year goal.
- Write it all down. Thought of a future business idea? Put it in your notes on your phone or write on a post it. You may think you’ll remember it but truth is our minds can only remember so much. Even if you think it’s far fetched. All your dreams are valid and nothing is impossible.
- Set daily goals. I always talk about this because it has helped me in so many ways. Having daily goals for your day keeps you in the habit of setting it and then going and achieving it. You form the habit of going after what you need to do even if it’s just to go out and get groceries.
- Stay open-minded and positive. I always strive to stay positive even when everything is going wrong. Remember everything happens for a reason. Even if you may not see why something happening, along the way you will understand. A positive mind leads to a positive life.
- Make a bucket list. I know this sounds so cliche but it’s fun and you can see all the things you want to do in life. I have a Mason jar in my room with all my bucket list items and from time to time I’ll open it up and see what I’ve achieved on my list and put it in a diffferent Mason jar. This way I’m able to physically see how much I’ve accomplish and how far I still have to keep pushing.
- Post-it’s are your best friends. Write down your top three goals for this coming year and put it on your door or mirrior. This way everyday you see your goals and think about what moves you’re making and if they’re the right ones to keep you on track. You’ll never lose sight of the path.
- Don’t lose hope; it’s all in timing. Didn’t get that dream internship you were looking for? It’s okay! That just means a different door is going to open for you. Timing is everything and your time will come.
- Don’t be afraid of change. Taking new risks can be scary but they can come out to be the most rewarding thing you’ve done. Life is an adventure. What will yours look like?
- Take time for yourself. Sometimes we can lose ourselves and what we want to do with everything going on. It’s okay to take a step back and do you. Even if it means not going out with your friends that one time. They know that you’re working on you, for you.
- Pray about it. I know not all of you are religious, but praying has always been a way where I can find guidance and peace. If you feel like you’re stuck, don’t worry. Let it all out. Your thoughts, your worries, your dreams.
“Don’t worry about me, I’m grinding for me.”
Have a blessed and amazing new year loves!